Thursday, November 29, 2007

Jackson's 6 Month Birthday!

Hospital
I can't believe it's been 6 months! You are 6 months old my little man. I remember when you were born, I knew that morning that I was going to see you before the sun rose again. By the afternoon I was nesting, getting pictures put up on the walls and other things that just had not been done yet. Your Grandma M. was here and we were glad she was. By 8pm I started having contractions and at 11:30pm I decided it was time to goto the hospital. We (your Daddy and I) were checked in/admitted to the hospital at 12:30am and I was already at an 8.5 (you'll understand that when you have babies of your own). There was just enough time for our doula Cindy W. to come and 'baby' me. She did such a good job, giving me ice before I asked for it, cold cloths on my head, etc. Your Daddy did so well too, he was very excited and said so many encouraging words. I don't really remember it all but I know that I was glad they were both there. By the time the doctor came you were just about to crown. In 4 pushes you were out. I laid eyes on you at 1:35am saying "O, Baby! O, Baby!". Your Daddy stayed with you while they did all the test and cleaning and then I fed you. O my sweet little boy. I am so glad you came to our family!
Hospital
Some of your favorite things at 6 months are: sitting up on Mommy's lap, jumping in your jumperoo, playing and chewing on the toys of your excersaucer, being thrown up and down by Daddy, when Mommy wipes your teeth and gums after eating cereal (you really enjoy that, I hope that is always true). You have started to like eating cereal and you like to pull up to a sitting position in your highchair. Although you like your big sister, you are also frightened by her because sometimes she hurts you on accident (just because she loves you so much and wants to be around you all the time).

1.5 Days Old
Some things you don't like are: the hours of 4:30pm-6:30pm and being left in a room all by yourself (unless you are sleeping).

7 Weeks Old
You are such a good sleeper and Mommy and Daddy are really happy about that. You usually go to sleep between 6:30 and 7:30 every night and sleep until sometime between 6:30 and 7:30 the next morning. You take 2 - 1 hour naps during the day or sometimes just 1 - 2 hour nap, usually while Abygail is sleeping. When you wake up from your nap you finally get some alone time with Mommy (because Aby is still sleeping) and you really like that. You also really like being tickled and when Mommy "eats" your neck (YUM, YUM).

5 Months Old
I love you my little man and I hope you love being in this family as much as we love having you. It brings me so much joy to see you smile. It lights up my day when you laugh.

6 Months Old
I Love You Always,
Mommy

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Amber, he's so sweet. Your entry made me all teary. And I find myself thinking, "Maybe it's time for another one..." That can't be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli, you should have another one! Fynn looks like he would be old enough to handle it and those yummy baby necks are delicious! Crazy but I've actually had 3 dreams in the last 30 days that I was pregnant again - CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pregnant dream are always so weird! Baby necks are delicious. And their feet. And their velvety soft bellies. *Sigh* I actually did say when Fynn was born that we'd try again when he was 18 months old. That gives me seven months. (If I can hold out that long!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, you have been dreaming of being pregnant?? Maybe you really will get pregnant when you move. Or, are you already pregnant? Jackson is adorable. It is hard not to want another one when they are so darn cute. I have to say that I love to kiss my babies right between the eye brows. Don't know why, but it is so soft and yummy.
    Happy 6 month old birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. seeing the pictures and reading the comments made me tear up as well. Jackson is soooo adorable and sweet. And, you are such a loving mother! Your kids are lucky to have you as a Mom. AND Jason as a dad. He is such a "hands on" dad. So cool! I hope Jason's neck is better soon! That is so miserable. I miss all of you. The blog is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete